Our Many & Varied Ministries
Discerning the Signs of the Times ....
Blessed Marie Thérèse, our foundress, died in 1876 but her example of dynamic courage and joy-filled service still inspires the Daughters of the Cross throughout the world. Like her, we never separate the love of God from the love of God's people.
Responding to the needs of the times, the Sisters undertake ministries in education, special education, health care in hospitals, hospices and dispensaries, in the care of the elderly, and of those suffering from epilepsy, in marriage counselling and in varied forms of parish work.
Since our foundation, the Daughters of the Cross have discerned the signs of the times and responded to immediate needs. You will find new developments which have come about in response to the particular needs of today, just as they did in the time of Blessed Marie Thérèse.
Our ministries in the English Province are many and varied. For example you will find us:
- Visiting the sick
- Caring for the sick, including our own Sisters
- Visiting and supporting prisoners
- Taking Holy Communion to the sick and housebound
- Helping with sacramental preparation
- Participating in bible study and prayer groups
- Working with bereaved
- Working with voluntary organisations
- Joining in ecumenical and multi-faith groups
- Co-ordinating Justice and Peace activities within the Province
- Hospital and Hospice Chaplaincy
- Serving on governing bodies